There are many opportunities to get involved with chambanaseniors.com. One of them is to write for us! We appreciate content from a wide range of voices.
Before you send us a guest article, please read all of this information.
• We are only interested in content that is locally focused and is relevant to active older adults in Champaign-Urbana and surrounding areas.
• We are interested in articles that provide information that is fresh, local and relevant to our audience. At this time, we are not accepting letters to the editor or other opinion pieces. Example of content we seek: articles about local attractions and activities; local resources for seniors; restaurant reviews; and more.
• Article length should be approximately 300-500 words.
• We prefer that each post must come with a photo. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Multiple photos are great if your article is longer. If the story is about a local place, we prefer original photos of that location. For other articles, sometimes stock photos are needed and we can help locate those.
• We are also interested in photography-only submissions of local people and local places. These must come with a written explanation of the photograph and statement by the photographer, but it does not need to be more than 100 words.
Send us your content ideas
1. Before you write those 500 words, we want to open up a dialogue. Send us an email (here is our contact page). You can also email our contributor coordinator, Tony Bleill, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This email should include a short paragraph that explains your idea for your article including a possible title. You should also explain why you think it would interest our readers.
2. We will write you back and let you know if we are interested in your post idea and let you know how to send it in. Please note we require a short bio and a photo of our writers be included with stories.
3. Once you submit your post, please allow two weeks for your post to be reviewed. We will let you know if it has been approved for publishing, or if we need anything else.
The Fine Print
• We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If a large amount of editing is necessary, it will be returned to the author for revision.
• You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.
Interested in Writing Assignments?
We are always looking to build up our stable of writers. If you are interested in writing assignments from us, please send Tony an email with a writing sample (email@example.com).
We look forward to working with you.