Editor’s note: Health Alliance is a sponsor of Chambanaseniors.com.
Health insurance can seem complicated. You want answers when you’re shopping plans, getting care, making payments and using your benefits. We’re here to help.
Many seniors in the Champaign-Urbana area have, or are considering, coverage through Health Alliance™. If this includes you, here’s a quick run-down of who you should contact for what. Note that Health Alliance also offers their popular Simplete® plans, which were created specifically with feedback from members and local healthcare providers – those who know our community best, and how to serve its needs.
- Ask questions about what plan’s right for you.
- Ask questions about how to enroll.
Prospective members can sign up here to attend a webinar to learn more about the plans.
Current plan members should call Members Services at (800) 965-4022 (TTY 711) to:
- Get answers to questions about your plan, including topics like eligibility, premiums, authorizations and more.
- Find a Primary Care Provider or see if your doctor is in-network. You can also do so virtually at HealthAlliance.org/Find-Care.
- Find an in-network pharmacy. Also easy to do virtually at HealthAlliance.org/Find-Care.
- Learn what drugs are covered by your plan.
- Get assistance with claims and billing.
- Request plan information in a different format, including large print.
- Connect with free language interpreter services available for non-English speakers.
- Discover information about benefits, perks and extras.
For general information about the different types of Medicare, visit here.
Medicare can be confusing. Knowing who to turn to makes all the difference.
First in this series: Enroll in a Medicare Plan Made for You
Second in this series: Busting Common Myths About Medicare Advantage Plans
Third in this series: The Facts About Medicare and Veterans Affairs Benefits
Fourth in this series: Let Medicare Help You Stay Fit